Online Leather products

.

Coat, Leather, and campaign: Spring is coming

Posted by Sandra on - -


Leather-jacket

Well the chill winter never truly came this year.  I am at the back on my posting.  I really feel poorly about it but my Himel Brothers brand has been eating up all my time.  I am making a rapid post to celebrate some of the loveliest varied media I have seen in a while.  Mixed media really refers to the elements that create up a jacket that are not as much aesthetic as a way to join natural materials to cope with conflicting service needs.  In the days before synthetics, combining dissimilar organic materials often adapted jackets and outerwear to handle more stormy conditions.  One of my brilliant Swiss customers sent me this Heron he purchased and bankrupt in.  It has a great patina but more highly I combined original 1930s wool blankets to create a period liner to the jacket for additional warmth.  These types of modifications were often done by workers in the 1920s and 30s to make their jackets more realistic for repair.  This Heron can be purchased at VMC unique in Zurich.
This tradition of using leather as reinforcement is a real inheritance.  Pre 1900 leather was often used as a lining to wool jackets.  Odd but true, the smart design of the 1930s upturned this subject and outerwear makers realized leather really deserved to serve as strengthening on high wear areas.  Ensure out the Montgomery Ward coat, the leather shows up on all the high wear zones rising durability.