Online Leather products

.

Vintage Locavoirs, Leather and Mindfulness

Posted by Sandra on - -

Vintage Leather

Part of the great effort of both the vintage leather business and the new leather business is that of ethics.  Mindfulness is that procedure of becoming aware of the self and seeing all things as unified.  The local food society is an example of mindful shopping where participants prefer to buy from local producers where they know the source of their food and how it was grown vs. buying by price.  Oddly my leather jacket project Himel Brothers has taught me valued lessons on the kinds of problems that aboriginal manufacturers may have faced as they progressed their business.  Daily I get 2 to 3 emails and spams to this blog from Pakistani leather manufacturers offering to make me jackets from my patterns for the price of 47-57 dollars per jacket.  How amazing!  I cannot even pay for the leather in one jacket at that price.  It makes for a very attractive debate amongst my clientele and my retailers about costs and pricing.
 Now I generally don't think something I make is standard.  Certainly I seek to not only achieve the quality and quality of my vintage collection in my new jackets but I am also trying to achieve the zen nature and permanence that original jackets imbued.  Environmentally speaking I have to know each of my suppliers, and design great life long lasting styles that are made of right materials.  While not 100% local in the sense of pending from my neighborhood or Province, each supplier is vetted for what they are creation and how they are making.  Perhaps the differences between fondly grown horses, slaughtered and gently treated and then vegetable brown in tree bark in Japan is not always
 Readily apparent to the consumer?  The jackets are not permanent, nor do they glow with electronica or transport the wearer to another planet.  Simply put the pressures for me are to make perfect technical replicas out of natural materials and not be the guy using my skills and information to make 47 dollar jackets in Pakistan and sell them for half of what I am presently doing.  People ask me why and how I do belongings.  I think to myself. I make life long lasting, beautiful, well made, well sourced organic jackets that like my period collection will age and die gracefully.  It is incredible to think about when you are business your next 200 dollar made in (where ever) jacket all that power and all the pessimism that goes into making something cheaply will be worn right on your back!  Producers back in the day sought to be price competitive whilst mounting features, branding and quality.  Old makers reached the pinnacles of that example and new competitors could only struggle on pricing.  It was that downward push on pricing via cheaper imports and a less educated customer that lead to the extinction of domestic garment makers.  How sad really because the shopper actually stopped caring about what they were exhausting and chose simulated fashion, or simulated quality in respect to price!