Online Leather products

.

Modern and latest Leather Jerkin

Posted by Sandra on - -


Leather Jerkin

Next on my list of Things to make is a leather jerkin and Doeskin, to be exact. It is quite perhaps the garment I've procrastinated most of anything I've ever contemplated doing ever.  Don't consider me? I bought the leather ten years ago.
This silly thing sorta scares the crap out of me for no cause at all. It's not that I've never sewn leather before. And it's not that I don't know how to create it. Honestly, I think it's the degree to which I desirable the leather jackets that all the cool kids were tiring back when I was a kid thanks to Top Gun and Indiana Jones, and the even greater degree to which my dad refuse to let me buy one or buy one for me. They were too luxurious. They were luxury items. Dad didn't grasp with such things...
When I finally got one, they were no longer cool, but I treated it as if it had been made of fillet china rather than one of the tougher resources known to man and had been beat to crap (aka "distressed") at the factory.
And it doesn't matter that I've owned dozens of leather coats since or that I've sewn sheaths and bags and purses and gloves and hats and masks and various whatnot out of leather. Making a jacket just seems like a viaduct further than I've ever been...